What is the debug tool?
This is handy to:
- Make sure a custom user ID is correctly attached to your install.
- Test your integration each time you track a new attribute or event with the SDK.
- See if the data you sent using the Custom Data API is attached to your install.
Using the debug tool
First, go to Settings > Debug.
You can use the debug tool (Settings > Debug) to find your most recent install, based on:
- An advertising ID (IDFA/GAID), in case the app shares it with Batch's SDK (iOS/Android only).
- An Installation ID, which is an anonymous ID generated by Batch.
- A custom user ID, that should be the unique user ID you are sending to Batch from the SDK (more information here: (iOS / Android / web)
The debug tool shows all the native and custom data we have on your most recent installs:
- Custom ID: This field shouldn't be empty if you are sending it to Batch and are logged into the app. Make sure that ID disappears after your log out.
- Attributes / events: Your attributes and events will appear in the right panel of the debug tool. Make sure important attributes are sent to Batch in the right format (e.g. date, string, boolean, etc) and at the right moment (e.g. on the first start of the app and/or when a value changes etc). Events will appear as soon as you perform the tracked action in the app.
- Last location: In case you share with Batch the most recent location of your user, you should see a latitude/longitude in the right panel of the debug tool.