AT Internet is a powerful and modern analytics solution that:
- Enables you to collect and take control of relevant data on your website and apps.
- Gives you simple tools to analyse your data and identify key insights that will lead to new opportunities for your business.
- Activate this data via their rich partnership ecosystem, which Batch is a part of.
The technical partnership allows you to collect in AT Internet your Batch campaign opens in three simple steps : you have to add a little bit of code for the SDK to pick up the xtor parameters in deeplinks, create the xtor parameter on AT Internet and then add it to your deeplinks.
1. Wiring up Batch SDK to AT Internet
First, we need to wire up Batch SDK to a small plugin. Its job will be to read Batch's notifications clicks, and extract the right parameters before sending them to AT Internet.
Start by copying the
ATInternetBatchIntegration class to your project. The code can be found here :
As shown in the
BaseActivity example of the gist, you will have to call
ATInternetBatchIntegration.handleIntent in every activity, both in onCreate and onNewIntent.
ATInternetBatchIntegration class in your project. The code can be found here (Swift 4.2):
Then, as shown in the gist, simply call
If you call this method after starting Batch, the integration may work incorrectly.
2. Creating the xtor parameter on AT Internet
You will have to create a Custom Marketing Campaign on AT Internet. First, go to Settings (top right menu) > Settings > Custom Marketing Campaign.
Then you have to create a Source (named 'Push Campaign' for instance) and a Campaign using that source. Once the campaign is created, it will be associated with an xtor parameter that you are going to need for the next and final step.
3. Linking your AT Internet campaign with your push notification campaign
The last step is to add your xtor query parameter to the deeplink of the push notification campaign you are about to send. For instance, if my xtor is
CS1-123-label1-label2-label3 , there are two ways of adding that info into a Batch notification.
- Either you add the parameter in your deeplinks:
- Either you add the parameter in the custom payload of the campaign:
Now, each user who opens this notification will be tracked down by AT Internet SDK and will be visible as a 'Campaign traffic source'.