The trigger feature option enables you to send a notification from one minute to several days after users have installed the app or triggered an action in the app.
For setting up your abandoned cart campaigns, you need to plan trigger actions in your tagging plan:
→ "added_to_cart" event, with [optional] product categories labels (e.g. “bags”)
B/ Campaign creation
You will need to create a push campaign using the following instructions:
It is not necessary to fulfill the targeting part, except if you need to manage a multilingual campaign —> check out this documentation.
- Trigger event: added_to_cart trigger display of the push campaign 30 minutes after the user add an item to his cart. You can also associate a specific label: e.g "bags".
- Cancellation event: purchase trigger cancel the display of the push campaign if he purchase an item during the 30 minutes delay.
- Capping: we have set a capping of 2 in this example and a 4 hours grace period. A user will receive his push campaign 2 times maximum, with a delay of 4 hours minimum.
3. Message edition
Add your wording and your campaign is now ready to activate.
C/ Best practices
Abandoned cart push reminder campaigns with Piiics:
They made specific campaigns according to the product category (using a label associate to the event) added into the user cart, with two reminder campaigns at Day +1 and Day +7.
- Personalization on user first name
- Custom image which increase the open rate (do not hesitate to put an image in relation with the item in user cart)
Cross canal abandoned cart campaigns with Vide dressing:
- Hours+2: Emailing campaign: 1-to-1 reminder
- Day+1: Push campaign: 1-to-1 reminder
- Day+3: 1-to-1 push reminder + push saved in the app notification center